Wednesday, July 13, 2011

We are Engaged!

Yup!  We are engaged!  After dating for 7 months, he popped the question!  Here's the story...

Garcia came to Columbus for 4th of July weekend.  On Saturday, we went on a hiking/camping trip at Hocking Hills State Park.  He suggested we take Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream and took me to Ash Cave.  (Our story begins at Jeni's Ice Cream.  After working together for 15 months, we went to Jeni's Ice Cream in the Short North, where he confessed his feelings for me.  The first and only time I let the amazingness of Jeni's go uneaten.) When we got to the waterfall, he found a perfect spot to sit and enjoy the scenery, the ice cream, and the music on his laptop.  He had a wonderful playlist, and little did I know that he was waiting for the right song to come on...

Right before Marry Me by Train came on, he suggested we take a picture, so he propped the camera on a rock and pressed the "10 second delay" button, or so I thought.  He climbed back up on the rock with me for the "picture."  When the flash didn't go off, I noticed he was facing me and reaching for my hands.  He looked nervous and I could sense his heart was racing.  He started saying all the wonderful things that a girl loves to hear, and I'll spare you on what he said- mostly because I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying.  I kept thinking "oh my God, oh my God..."  Then he got down on one knee.  He'll tell you that I started saying yes as he was going to his knee and that I didn't even wait for him to pop the question.  He asked me to marry him, and when I shouted out "YES!" I realized by my shaky voice that I was crying.  We both were.

He placed the ring on my finger. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was.  Someone at the base of the waterfall yelled up "What did she say?", followed by cheers from below.  I don't really remember that part, because I was too focused on staring at the ring and keeping my knees from buckling and falling off the ledge.  But, we can watch the whole thing over again because instead of pushing the 10-second-delay, he pressed the video option on the camera.  Sneaky Garcia.

We are planning a destination wedding in October of 2012.

But more pressing, is my decision and announcement to move to San Diego this October.  I will miss my life, my job, my coworkers, my home, my friends, and most of all, my family here in Ohio.  But I'm so excited about starting the next chapter of my life in San Diego with the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with.
 Before I leave, we have some adventures planned.  Including Rachel's wedding and Garcia's last visit to Columbus.  However, I'll just keep you informed on the big adventures...

Next up: Pacific Coast Highway Roadtrip, August 26-Sept 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment